Tianyu Arts & Culture
With one million and one things canceled in crummy 2020, it's so nice when there is actually stuff families can go out and do!?Kudos to the local attractions and destinations that have worked?hard to find creative ways to entertain us while also keeping a safe environment.
The new holiday light show is called WildLanterns?and it will feature huge?animal-shaped lanterns and habitat scenes for guests to experience. The zoo promises lanterns in the shape of?Northwest animals such as?eagles and bears,?a showcase of rare?animals such as gorillas, and a "SeaMazium" exhibit of seals, sea turtles and jellyfish. There's also a 15-foot-tall giraffe lantern!?
What to know about the zoo's new holiday light show
- WildLanterns at Woodland Park Zoo runs Nov. 13, 2020–Jan. 17, 2021,?Tuesday–Sunday (closed Mondays), 4–8:30 p.m. Holiday closure dates are Nov. 26 and Dec. 24–25.
- Tickets go on sale Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020. Book online.
- Admission costs?$28.95 for ages 13 and older;?$23.95 for kids ages 3–12; tots ages 2 and younger enter free. Zoo members receive a 20-percent discount.?Parking is $4.
- Tickets are timed-entry and available through advance purchase only.
- Guests ages 5 and older must wear face coverings; guests ages 3–5 are strongly encouraged?to wear face coverings.
- WildLanterns is an outdoor, walk-through, rain-or-shine experience. There will be no ticket refunds for bad weather.
- Food and beverages will be available for purchase and guests are allowed to bring their own food if they wish (except alcohol).
- The ZooStore (at the west entrance) will be open for WildLanterns guests, though the carousel and the Zoomazium remain closed.
- WildLanterns replaces the zoo's previous holiday light show called WildLights.
- The zoo is currently open for timed-entry daytime visits so kids can see their favorite animals; find out more by reading our writer's review! (Note that daytime entry into the zoo is not included with a WildLanterns ticket, and likewise WildLanterns entry does not include daytime entry to the zoo.)??